Sunday, May 19, 2013

How to wear that Lace Dress...and Pictures from our trip to the Historical Black Bass Hotel!!

So recently the Hubby and I celebrated our wedding anniversary by taking a short trip to this gorgeous Bed and Breakfast overlooking the Delaware River absolutely gorgeous! It was a 2 night trip very short but well worth it.

The Black Bass Hotel is known for it's gorgeous views and rich history. This hotel dates back to 1745, history says that George Washington was turned away from here because the owner at that time was loyal to the British Crown! So cool, I love exploring places where there is a lot of history and character. We had a gorgeous 2 story suite the whole back half of the room was all windows overlooking the Delaware river and bridge. The Lorraine Suite.


                                     (View from our room, GORGEOUS)

Now Let's Talk about fashion. Since this was a special trip my wardrobe consisted of a lot of lace and dresses, Ha! I mean as a wife I'm always finding ways to keep the hubby excited and having a good time during our trips and well he does the same for me as well :)

This outfit post is all about Lace!!!! There are many types of laces, but you have to be careful with the type of lace you wear. A thick bulkier lace can add thickness to the dress or top and make you look heavier then you actually are. Since, I am on the curvier side I opted for a very thin lace, with a nude silk lining from +ASOS. The only real accessory I added to my outfit was a one black lace gloves, some black pearl earrings from +Nordstrom and nude bow slingback flats from +Nine West. If my ankle was better I would have worn some black patent leather stilletos to match the lace glove. Lace is so powerful in terms of it's presence that it should be used as a main element within your outfit. Adding to much can result in an overload of many styles and the lace can in turn end up looking tacky rather then sexy or elegant. Check out a few snaps of the OOTD!!!







 For Spring/Summer 2013 Lace is not only being presented in Black and white but rather in many different colors and textures. Here are a few snaps of the runway as well to give you ladies inspiration. Feel free to ask me any questions.  Happy Shopping :)



No comments:

Post a Comment