Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Crop top's and more!

Hey let's talk about trends! Another cool trend this season is the crop top. Now don't worry not everyone has to flaunt their midriff in a crop top! There are plenty of ways to wear this beauty without all that hassle of worrying about baring your essentials in front of the world :)

But a little history first. The crop top is a great example of fashion history repetition, with its first entry to the fashion scene in the 1940’s and 1950’s as a more conservative piece with a high-waisted bottom. Then in the ‘70’s and ‘80’s when hemlines rose and waist-lines dropped with Madonna and “Flashdance” which popularized the cutoff version. Finally, in the 90's with the iconic movie “Clueless” introducing the cropped sweater and a preppy version of this classic. Recently it has been trending on the runways designed by +Balenciaga and Alexander Wang! 











Although I love the crop top I must say this trend is a hit or miss. Which is why a solid investment isn't recommended. Myself being a designer and stylist I tend to find alternative ways to fit trends into my wardrobe. Also being a pakistani female I have a closet full of gorgeous Sari's most of which I have designed myself of course tops that can be transitioned into my American lifestyle and wardrobe. So what did I do I paired this gorgeous House of Sadia Sheer Racer Back cropped Sari top with a  House of Sadia high-waisted Wool Pants. I think they work well together. The Accessories are minimal, since the back is bare and the belt is blinged out. They consist of my Gorgeous +Henri Bendel bag, necklace from +Glamhouse LA. Due to my sprained ankle shoes were more of a must rather then a choice but nonetheless they are gorgeous, nude slingback bow flats from +Nine West, Ring from +BCBGMAXAZRIA earrings +CHANEL. The whole outfit is HOUSE OF SADIA. So ladies get your sari's out and get creative!









House of Sadia Crop Sari Top with Italian Wool High-Waisted pants.










A Crop top is very difficult to wear so I suggest wearing it with a high waisted bottom to get that Chic and Modern look it should show your rib cage area at the most. Showing your midriff is only acceptable on the beach even if your sporting great abs. Keep it classy ladies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment